name: inverse layout: true class: center, middle, inverse --- #Wei Xie email@example.com [[Bio & Research](./index.html#2)] [[Publications](./index.html#3)] [[Projects & Software](./index.html#4)] [[Personal](./index.html#5)] PhD in Computer Science, Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN), 2011-Now. Genome privacy, Quantitative genetics, Machine learning/optimization. Hacking with technology and startups. --- layout: false .left-column[ ## [Wei Xie](./index.html) ### Bio & Research
] .right-column[ PhD in Computer Science, Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN), 2011 - 2016. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Research Interests: * Genomic data privacy (leaks and protections); * Quantitative genetics and Machine learning; * Privacy-preserving machine learning; * Distributed optimization and machine learning; - Degrees: * PhD in Computer Science (2011 - Now) * MS in Computer Science (2014) * BE in Mechanical Engineering (2011) - Wei Xie (name): pronounced *"way sh-ee-eh"* ] --- .left-column[ ## [Wei Xie](./index.html) ### Publications ] .right-column[ **This list is very old. I hope to update once all my works are publicly accessible.**
- *SecureMA: Protecting Participant Privacy in Genetic Association Meta-Analysis*. **Xie, W.**, Kantarcioglu, M., Bush, W.S., Crawford, D., Denny, J.C., Heatherly, R., Malin, B.A. *Bioinformatics (2014) 30 (23): 3334-3341.* [[Link](http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/23/3334)] [[PDF](./publication/XieSecureMA2014.pdf)] [[Supplement](./publication/XieSecureMA2014_Supplement.pdf)] [[Code1](https://github.com/XieConnect/SecureMA)] [[Code2](https://github.com/XieConnect/CircuitService)]
- *Privacy Leaks in Meta-analysis Quality Control and Countermeasures*. **Xie, W.**, Kantarcioglu, M., Denny, J.C., Edwards, T.L., Cox, N.J., Malin, B.A. *American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) (2015).*
- *Supporting Regularized Logistic Regression Privately and Efficiently*. Li, W., Liu, H., Yang, P., **Xie, W.** \* (\* *Corresponding author*). *PLoS ONE 11(6) (2016): e0156479.* [[Link]](http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0156479) [[PDF]](http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/asset?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0156479.PDF) Other Works: - *Inferring Clinical Workflow Efficiency via Electronic Medical Record Utilization*. Chen, Y., **Wei Xie**, Gunter, C.A., Liebovitz, D., Mehotra, S., Zhang, H., Malin, B.A. *American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) (2015): 2015 (416).* [[PDF]](http://seclab.illinois.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Chen-15AMIA.pdf) - *A novel transfer learning method based on common space mapping and weighted domain matching*. Liang, R.Z., **Xie, W.**, Li, W., Wang, H., Wang, J.J.Y., Taylor, L. *IEEE 28th Intl. Conf. on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) (2016), in press.* [[PDF]](http://arxiv.org/pdf/1608.04581v1.pdf)
] --- .left-column[ ## [Wei Xie](./index.html) ### Projects & Code ] .right-column[I have worked on various practical projects, among them are hobby projects, startups, as well as commercial ones.
(I hope to update with links & code when possible...)
- Security, Privacy & Systems:
- To update...
- Machine Learning, optimization, NLP & statistics:
- To update...
] --- .left-column[ ## [Wei Xie](./index.html) ### Personal ] .right-column[ I enjoy hacking with technology, entrepreneurship, and talking to like-minded people. - Programming: - Backend: Scala (Akka, Spark), Java, C++ - Full-stack web: Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, PHP - Scientific: R - Entrepreneurship & Industry: * Tech co-founder of a healthcare startup * Bitcoin and cryptocurrency
(tech, business, trading)
* Leading a team of engineering/design professionals
(Web and Mobile apps, machine learning)