Building SOEMPI from source
- The openxds repository requires authentication. For this reason create a user account
on this portal.
Give a password which is unique and not a problem if it is stored in a plain text file.
Craft/copy a settings.xml file like this in maven's repository folder ("~/.m2"):
settings.xml. If you are part of HIPLAB you can use this file
from HIPLAB server: "/home/ctoth/EA/settings.xml". Please do not forget to change the
- Change directory to SOEMPI's openempi folder: "cd ~/SOEMPI/openempi"
- Issue the build command: "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip install"
- Maven will download lots of jar files into it's repository. The first build will fail due to
some problems with the gxt-2.1.1.jar ([ERROR] Line 548: Event.ONPASTE cannot be resolved).
To overcome this please download extjs.tar.gz
compressed package (if you are a HIPLAB member you can find this file in /home/ctoth/EA folder too).
Replace the existing gxt-2.1.1.jar with it's content.
- Issue the build command again: "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip install". Maven will download lots of
modules again and your build should be successful now.